Thursday 27 September 2007

Having a Vocation

Well, I thought it was about time I gave this a go and added some blogs to my page. I was thinking about what I could write and thought that since I am not currently in production on anything I would start by telling you lovely people who stop by about the ongoing quest to become a Filmmaker. It’s an amazing thing when you finally realise what you want to do in life. When a career picks you instead of you picking it. It’s easy to work out if you’re doing what you want to in life. Just ask yourself this question. Would you still be doing it if you weren’t getting paid? If the answer is no then you have a job that pays the bills. If the answer is yes, then you have a vocation. And my vocation is Filmmaking because many times in the past I have worked for little or no pay. When you find yourself standing in the pissing rain at two in the morning filming an empty street because you need the shot for an editing session next morning, well, you know you’re in love. Either that or you’re crazy. So what I’m going to do is take you for a walk through the past and share a few of my experiences whilst making the movies, the music videos and the art. What I’ll try and do as well is to add the videos that match the stories on my page when I can so you can have a look at the work we’re doing. Better will follow but on the website link (which takes you to my myspace page becuase the official website is under construction) at the minute is a trailer for a music video called ‘Sick Weirdo’ (more about that later) and some footage of a hotel that burned down next door to my house one night. Yep, that’s right, standing in the pissing rain at two in the morning filming a burning hotel just because... Crazy.

“In case I don’t see ya, Good afternoon, Good evening and Goodnight.” Aaron.

No comments: